Monday, April 7, 2014

Honeycomb Crumb

Hey there!  It has been a long week.  Sorry I haven't posted anything.   Haven't really been making any cards.  I have been working on some mini albums or brag books.  Haven't finished any of them, but getting closer I guess. 

I'll share some cards I did about a week or so ago and just haven't gotten around to writing anything about them.   On my desk I have a basket that I put punched pieces or stamped/embossed, etc. images that I didn't end up using on a card or didn't turn out exactly like I wanted them to.  I was rummaging through it and found a Crumb Cake piece that was dry embossed with the Honeycomb embossing folder. I remember seeing this card/video here and thought hmm....I could use that piece for something like that. I also needed a birthday card for my sister, so this is what I came up with.  





I knew I wanted to use Bermuda bay because I had the ribbon and I just love that color right now.  Then I believe, (if I remember correctly) I got the color combo off of the Color Coach. Don't have it with me to double check.  But anyways...

I grabbed the Deco Label framelits and ran it through the big shot to cut the label shape in the already embossed crumb cake piece.  I stamped the flower image from Happy Watercolor in Stazon Black ink onto whisper white cardstock and colored the image in with my Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay and Cajun Craze markers.  I then tied the ribbon around the layer of crumb cake.  Stamped the happy birthday from Express yourself in Cajun craze on White cardstock and punched it out with the modern label punch and popped it up with dimensionals.  I then popped up the colored in flower piece and lined it up with the "window" and popped up that piece off of the Bermuda Bay base.  Ran a scrap piece of cardstock through the Butterfly embosslit (not sure of the exact name) and adhered one of the small ones to the card.

Hope you enjoy the card.  Thanks for stopping by.

Gina




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10